Building a PC - basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Solid State Member
I'm considering building a new PC from scratch. I'm pretty sure I could do it, but I'll definitely need some guidance. First of all, if someone could make a comprehensive list of ALL the components I will need to purchase. I know about the main stuff (CPU, motherboard, HD, RAM, etc.), but I'm not sure about the rest. Any tips or suggestions to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Please note I'm really not concerned at this point with specifics (eg exactly which components would be best for my purposes). Having said that, I should state that this computer will not be intended for gaming but rather for music recording/production. Also, if I don't build a system, I'll probably have someone customize one for me. So if anyone has some good online sites they know of, please post them. Thanks.

Here's a list:
Case (Holds all the components)
Power Supply (Supplies power to all components)
Motherboard
Processor
Video Card (Arguably the most important component for a gaming pc)
System Memory (RAM)
Hard Drive
Optical Drive (DVD Drive, CD-ROM, etc)
Sound Card (Optional, most motherboards have integrated sound)
Monitor
Mouse & Keyboard

I think that's just about it. I hope this was the type of response you were looking for.

Here's a couple good places to get a system custom built for you:
www.progresssystemsinc.com
www.monarchcomputer.com

i first learned how to build a pc when i was 14 by reading the "building a pc for dummies" book was well worth the buy and expanded my knowledge of computers a far bit ,was very well explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom