Building a Pc, anything wrong with this combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iacmyvino

Beta member
So i've decided to build a computer from the ground up. With roughly 2k to work with, and months of research, i've come up with this list, i just ask that you be gentle in your criticisms.

Case: Apevia Black/Black X-plorer
Power Supply: Apevia 500W (matches case)
CD/DVD: Plextor PX-740A-SW
CPU: C2D E6600
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA II
Motherboard: EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA
Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme music
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7900 GT 256MB PCIE SLI
RAM: OCZ DDR2 2048MB PC5400 667Mhz

please don't hold anything back...

Everything looks good to me....except that power supply. I haven't heard apevias being good power supplies. Their power supplies look kinda cheap. I suggest going with better known brands like OCZ, Antec, HIPER, FSP...

Welcome to TF!

what am i looking for in terms of power though, will 500W be enough, or should i consider my 650 and beyond options. I only intend to add another graphics card later down the line, so i don't think something crazy like 1kw PSU will be necessary. what should i go for, btw thanks for the replies, i was really lost/unsure.

I believe Apevias are made by Aspire. And they look cheap because they are. They should be avoided.

For this build a 450 Watt Fortron Will power it Nicely.
If you want some upgradability then.
Hiper 580 Watt
Antec 550 Watt
OCZ Gamestream 600 Watt

k so i changed the the PSU to the OCZ, would i be running a solid rig after that. Also, im right around my limit, within 50 or so bucks, so i dont think i could afford much more.

Looks pretty good. I do have to agree with the other users about the power supply, go with a more well know company. I looked up the case you mentioned. It looks decent, I would recommend going with a Xion Solaris black/green or black/blue case with the Neon Glow light. I noticed that your going to put a Core 2 Duo processor, but I think that you would be better off with an Intel motherboad. I would also change the ram to Kingston, they are very well known. Ive never herd any complaints neither have I for any other memory but my cousin did that he put generic RAM in his wifes computer (his wife is really my cousin, but now that they are married I consider him my cousin) and it messed up the computer he even had to replace the memory. The hard drive why not put a Raptor in it insted of a seagate. Ive had a bad experience with Seagate. So now I only buy Maxtor and Western Digital drives. But like I said everything else looks pretty good.

***Please note these are just suggestions***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom