Building a PC 1500 budget - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Building a PC 1500 budget

Right, in the future I am going to be building a PC from scratch, I will need everything from keyboard to monitor and everything inbetween. I will have a budget of 1500 give or take a hundred pound or so. What I want to know is what type of system could I build with that amount of cash, i.e. would it be as powerfull as you can get or would it be a fairly powerfull machine? I am not a gamer, so I don't need the most powerfull graphics card on the market, but I will be doing programing in Java and most probably other languages as well. If you can name all the pieces I should get to be best suited and the most powerfullmachine I could build with that much cash then I will be gratefull.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Equator Gringo
Default Re: Building a PC 1500 budget

It's hard to say, the future holds many new products and price drops on current hardware. Since you need everything except for a nice GPU then you should be able to go i7 easily. I would wait until you have the money or are close to having it before you start making up a build list, because prices change often.

PII 940 :: 5870 :: Rage powered
Old 02-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Building a PC 1500 budget

Try this - Custom Gaming Computers, PCs configured and built the way you want it!
Closed Thread