Building A New Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... hmm you still want SLi..... most people here will tell you not to.... and i'm one of them lol.. heres why you said "in the future" right? when you throw that extra 8800gts 320mb in there... it make it sorta pointless... because by then you can upgrade to something better... but since its your PC.... i'd say the 680i because its really right now at $153

ok... since your now not getting SLi get a p35-ds3l board or a p35-ds3r if you want RAID and a lot of Hard drives (i mean more than 4)

...... hmm you still want SLi..... most people here will tell you not to.... and i'm one of them lol.. heres why you said "in the future" right? when you throw that extra 8800gts 320mb in there... it make it sorta pointless... because by then you can upgrade to something better... but since its your PC.... i'd say the 680i because its really right now at $153

where did you find a 680 i for that cheap?

That's lookin' good man. A little bit of suggestions though.

I would recommend a stronger heatsink for the Q6600, like the Tuniq, especially when overclocking.

Although the Ballistix are a bit better than Patriots, it's not by much. So you can save money by going with the Patriots, for less:
ClubIT Product - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12 EPP, SLI Ready Dual Channel Kit Retail PDC22G6400LLK

I was going to suggest you get the regular non-overclocked 8800GTS, but seeing as the superclocked is only about $5 more, I guess it's ok.

i suggest:

asus p5k
e6550
2gb crucial ballistix
320MB 8800GTS

of course i started with a 1k budget also. and look where im at now.

also, i wouldnt get an OEM version of a OS

just get the retail version

also, i suggest a SATA DVD Burner. and the Rosewill PSU listed is the same that i use. no problems here. i paid $150 for mine brand new. i think they are like $100 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom