Building a new Computer - What do you think of what I've decided on so far? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: Building a new Computer - What do you think of what I've decided on so far?

IMO, this is whay i would do ( if this was my build it would be used predominatly for gaming bear in mind)

change your case to a cheaper one mine from ebuyer.com was about £15 and was half see through and came with 1 x 80mm fan and 1x 100mm fan and has a "gaming type" look about it then get a slightly smaller PSU as 500W is alot more than youll need, other than that i wouldnt change much else althogh i would like to reccomend the ATI x1950 i have the AGP 256MB version but id reccomend the 512MB version this card is absolutly amazing for its price and yeah im with you ive always stuck with AMD Good luck

Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Building a new Computer - What do you think of what I've decided on so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypercore View Post
IMO, this is whay i would do ( if this was my build it would be used predominatly for gaming bear in mind)

change your case to a cheaper one mine from ebuyer.com was about 15 and was half see through and came with 1 x 80mm fan and 1x 100mm fan and has a "gaming type" look about it then get a slightly smaller PSU as 500W is alot more than youll need, other than that i wouldnt change much else althogh i would like to reccomend the ATI x1950 i have the AGP 256MB version but id reccomend the 512MB version this card is absolutly amazing for its price and yeah im with you ive always stuck with AMD Good luck
Thanks for the advice.

Do you have a link to the graphics card you are talking about.

If you could find it on ebuyer.com - the UK's largest independent online retailer of computers, components, electronics, MP3 Players,cameras, televisions, DVD Players, car audio, software and more... it would be much appreciated.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

is this it?

ebuyer.com - Graphics Cards Graphics Cards ATI ATI Radeon X1950 Range Product details
Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Inquiry - The Dark Cheese

yes you can use that but it only has 256mb

though all 512mb does is gets you a bigger resolution on your moniter.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

it says its 512 on my link

is it definitely better than the graphics card i had chosen originally?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

this one looks better

ebuyer.com - Graphics Cards Graphics Cards ATI ATI Radeon X1950 Range Product details

Closed Thread