rebate)[/URL] WD 80gb SATA hard drive $51

FSP 450wattt PSU - very reliable $51

case $30

venice 3200+ $158

better mobo, asus $81

good vid card, 7600gt, $190 + $15mail in rebate

i added a dvd-burner (if you need it..)

total: $667.22 - 15 mail in rebate.

ok so i went a bit over budget. you could tak eout the dvd burner or w/e. if 80GB is not enough, then another $45 will get you a solid 250gb hard drive.. hehe. what i mainly did was upgrade the video card, and the overall quality of the parts.. (mainly mobo.. since TUL isn't well known)

even if you went with the previous $500 rig, they're both good.

as for the case, it all depends on your taste. i put a good cheap one. if you like a different one just get it.

Ok ya looks like a great setup but is the audio integrated? and if i have the extra 150 what could i change?

this is turning out to be the pc i needed someone for me to build.
i picked that same Video card. i just had to add a modem.

that looks like a good system. mine will be a little better. but i'm way over my initial budget

Does the Memory have to match or could i get a 1g and then a 512? or will that not work?

1G

I need this question answered asap

My Set up

This is what i may be geting let me know what you think....
Ultra 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory -$49.99
RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WB Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window -$30.00
ASUS A8N5X ATX AMD Motherboard -$80.99
eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256-P2-N553-AX Video Card -$189.00-$15.00 rebate
FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX450-PN, 12cm FAN, version 2.0, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 450W Power Supply -$50.99
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 Processor -$158

Plus My CD drive and my DVD R/RW drive and my 40 GB (good enough for me for now) Then i guess my mouse, Keyboard, Moniter, speakers everthing else equals ----$541.97 after all the Mail-in rebates

if you want to run your memory in dual channel, then you'll need 2 identical sticks of ram. if you buy a dual channel kit, then those 2 sticks of ram are guaranteed to work together in dual channel configuration. so buying just 1 stick of 1 GB won't run in dual channel cuz you need 2 sticks. and adding 512 stick later you'll have 2 different size sticsk so that won't work. if you don't wnt to run your ram in dual channel, then that 1 gb stick is fine. but its definitely worth to take advantage of the dual channel and buy 2 seperate sticks, like the corsair value select kit. other than that, it looks really good.

..or you could buy that 1gb stick now, and later add another 1gb stick of the exact same ram, then you could run them in dual channel.. but its not guaranteed to work. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

like alias said. they have to be the same type. u could get 1 stick now and 1 stick later tho. just make sure they're the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom