Building New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme7823

Solid State Member
Hey everyone I need help with building my first computer. I use my computer a lot for gaming, photo and video editing, pretty much a multimedia pc. I have a monitor so that doesn't have to be included in the build. Wanting to spend around 1000$ if anyone can help thanks in advance. I just don't know parts are better than others.

Thanks

No I have keyboard and mouse also have windows xp for it unless some one thinks I should go with vista. Think I might upgrade to windows 7 when that comes out.

Well most likely with your budget you will have between 4 to 6gb of ram. In this situation you would want a 64bit os. Right now you can get vista home premium 64bit with a free win 7 upgrade for $110.

You are real close in budget for an i7 build or you could save some money without sacrificing much performance with a Phenom II. Let us know your preference.

I really don't know the difference really is can some one explain or tell me which one is better?
Sorry its been along time since I followed up on hardware and stuff trying to learn again now.

i7 is the best processor at them moment.

The Phenom II is cheaper and very close in performance. For games it is questionable as to the benefits of an i7. For CPU intensive programs and major multitasking the i7 is better. Enough to justify the cost? That is debatable.

If you want the best and are willing to pay a premium for it go i7.

You can look at my sig to see how I feel about the i7.

yea go ahead with the I7 since you say its better. Since I do the video and photo editing it should make it good.

Thank you alot. Now do I need a sound card or is the sound card on the motherboard fine? Does it matter what dvd drive I buy like is there any ones I should stay away from? Also where did you say I could buy windows vista with that upgrade to windows 7. Thanks alot again.

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders w/ Tech Guarantee - Operating Systems

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

If you are not an audiophile then the onboard sound will be great for now.

You could look at the antec 300 case and the Corsair 650tx psu to save some cash. With the psu I think the difference is like $10 bucks so I would stick with the 750 even though it is more power than you need but if you ever want to run 2 vid cards you will be glad you had it. With the case the antec 300 is great, I have one but the haf is definitely better.

gpu you could look at a 4850, 4870, gts250 or gtx260 to save some cash but the setup as I have it will play all games on high up to 1920x1200 resolutions. You would be happy with any of the other cards listed. Look at evga or xfx if you are looking at other cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom