Building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

leakee_leak

Solid State Member
Hey, so I'm building a new computer, I'm just going to gradually upgrade,the case, then mobo, cpu, gpu, ram, so on.

This is the catch though, I'm not sure if I'm going to buy online or offline, i think I'm going the offline route, i don't have a paypal or visa or whatever you use but I'm getting one when i get payed next because i heard everything online is real cheap, i just do not want to wait a week or w/e to get them and have them damaged or whatever happends during shipping, not a big fan of drama lol. So
i live and Canada and in Alberta the prices are INSANE, i bought a Ati Radeon HD 2400 pro for 170 or so and i feel really ripped off because the card sucks for games so badly, didn't know better at the time could of had 8600 oc or whatever but i thought the Ati was better lol.

So to sum it up I'm buying parts in computer shops, staples, etc, I'm 15 so i don't have to pay rent or anything really, i have about $800 every two weeks and I'm looking to build a high end system, any suggestions? Is it a must to go online for big savings? anyone from Alberta have any idea lol?

For decent prices in Canada go to ncix.com, canadacomputers.com or directcanada.com. NCIX usually seems to have the best deals, atlest right now they do and their customer care is very good.

Not sure if you can get a credit card when you are 15 but feel free to try! Worse case scenario put it in your bank account and transfer to a paypal account and buy that way. Or get your parents to front you a card.

Enjoy!

[edit]BTW, if you are in no hurry sign up for the ncix newsletter, they have some really good deals that periodically come in through email that don't show up on their regular webpage, don't know why...[/edit]

q6600
2gb crucial ram
if want to not use the ati card go with an 8800gt or gts.
corsair 520 hx psu.
if your ocing get a tuniq tower
go with a barracuda hdd, NOT A RAPTOR.
apollo case is good.
if u want to go sli eventually, or get a new quad core eventually or just for your computer is future proofed go for a 780i mobo.

ncix is good in price terms, but it's online buying, i'm probably just going to buy my parts from shops which is 100x more costly, but i'm not really patient and want to have things in my hands as soon as i pay for them, i'm getting a pay pal tho so im not sure what i'll do

if you don't want to wait a long time just get the best shipping (fastest) it will be costly but it will still be cheaper then buying ithe stuff from a store, you don't hve to have a paypal account to order stuff online, u can just use your visa.

I'm setting up a pay pal in a week or 2 when i get payed since i dont even know how to go about getting a visa at my age, at that ncix site i seen some great deals, a nice mobo package that came with a 8800 and a cpu, about 545, lol just for the video card alone here in shops and at staples if they even have any it would cost 600 or so, ncix has a canada site to so with the express shipping
i'd say it would arrive in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom