Building a New Comptuer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say the same thing but I didn't feel like getting into the XP VS. VISTA argument. lol

Thank you for giving me credit for the build I appreciate it ;)

Just one thing: I would now go with XP Home:

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

Same price as vista, but only less of a hog, and applications are guarenteed to work with it, unlike vista which has some known compatibility issues.

no problem, mate. it's your work, so your credit! thanks again

thanks for the feedback Static_11! will start buying soon...

will vista replace XP as the standard OS for most office computers (in England) any time soon?

eh. office computers? not sure.

I still see very many computers with windows 98 here in the states in schools and stuff. Most of the higher end office careers for sure have xp though.. and probably still will for some time to come.

eh. office computers? not sure.

I still see very many computers with windows 98 here in the states in schools and stuff. Most of the higher end office careers for sure have xp though.. and probably still will for some time to come.

ah righto. i only asked because i don't want to be ignorant about the most prevalent OS. but if XP will remain for a few more years, then i'll stick with XP

if youre going to get vista. then there is absolutely no point in getting home basic. complerte waste of money. either go for xp or vista home premium. basic is **** on a stick

also if getting vista get 64 bit and buy some ram the sweet spot for vista and gaming is 4gb although 2gb performs well the benches show a marked improvement when using 4gb and ddr2 ram is so cheap now its only and extra 50 squid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom