My current computer, ive built, rebuilt, taken things out, put stuff back in, almost cut my finger off on the damned CPU fans, changed RAM, Video Card, HD's, messed with stuff I probably shouldnt have messed with, well you get the idea. I know how to work with a computer once I open the case (especially this one). Howwwweevver, ive been out of the loop for a while. Im sure you guys know that when you take a few months off of pc knowledge, everything you know gets wiped out since the technology advances so fast.
My current is this:
AMD Athlon 1400
512 Megs of Ram
500 W Power Supply
Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB AGP
1 x 40 gig HD
1 x 80 gig HD
Win XP Home
Cant remember the rest offhand. This computer is like 4-5 years old.
Im in need of an upgrade soon, but dont want to spend all too much. I already have a monitor for myself. I was looking through newegg, and put very rough PC togeather quickly. This is where I may need some help as I may made a mistake or two. Hell, im not even logged into newegg right now, thats how quickly I tapped one togeather to get an estimate.
- Comes with 420 W powersupply. If I really need, I can swap my 500 one and that 420 one.
- Im not too sure about this. It seems fine, but meh. Could I go cheaper? The MOBO and Processor was a combo deal at newegg.
- I kinda wanna stick with AMD here. I dont tihnk I need much higher then the 3200+, hell I could go with the 3000+ but that one didnt have a discount combo with the MOBO.
WINDOWS XP HOME: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16837102151
VIDEO CARD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814125156
- Im an ATI guy right now, but Ive heard good things about the 6600 GT
- 1 GIG.
- I plan on swapping my other 80 gig one to add to this for a total of 160. I dont need too much space, 160 is enough.
NETWORK CARD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16833180004
Things im missing: Keyboard, mouse, obviousley. I can find those things on my own. I dont know anything about Soundcards, so could use a good recommendation here. Anything else im missing? I have a monitor also.
This comes out to be roughly 800 dollars. Im a little unsure if thats a good or bad price. Doesn't seem too bad.
What do you guys think? What kind of soundcard will work? Do I have anything that wont work with eachother and do you have any recommendations?
Most of these parts got typically 5/5 stars with a good amount of ratings.
Edit: Also, the case has a 20 pin connector, but the MOBO uses a 24. I read somewhere that it isnt a big deal, is it?
Edit 2: Updated links:
Network Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833180004
Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125156