building my own comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. I was looking at them at the site Ste suggested and I didn't really like them that much. Plus they were like 200+ dollars. So would this system be able to run Oblivion-esque games?

For the video card, would anyone reccomend that I get a better one? I can afford it if I use these other parts. Or should I switch out any parts for others in general?

wow, most of those are the same parts i just ordered for a new build. processor, psu and HDD are all the exact same, except i got motherboard one step down [M2N32 deluxe wifi], the RAM exact same but step up [corsair XMS2] and graphics were a couple notches down [eVGA Geforce 7600 GT].

yea, anyways, that all looks good. i think your GPU is fine, plus you could go sli with it and really have some power. are you planning on going that route? if so, that'd really throw your budget out of wack.

a lot of computer cases don't really appeal to me... to many raver lights or ugly graphics.. so i have a huge cheap-o case that i got creative with. now it's covered in various mixtures of origional media

i think there are some widescreen specials, 19" around $200 around right now.... i'd consider that if you're going to spend $175 on a regular 17". There are 4:3 19" LCD's around $200 for sure

EDIT: acutally, i have the Segate Barracuda hd, not the WD. my bad :eek:

I know what you mean with the cases, faek. I can't find one that I really like. Like I had said earlier, I really like the Voodoo cases but I'm thinking I can't just buy a case...

Thanks for the tip aliasaid! I'll look into it.

Will this system be able to run Obvlivion though?

Yes it will run but i dunno if you'll have to turn the graphics(on oblivion) down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom