Building my first pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good buy on those RipJaws. They're awesome. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure on that PSU, I'd rather get a Corsair, like my TX650.

Why not get an SSD for your OS, the 1TB for storage? The SSD will boost your game's loading time. I always used OCZ. Use a Vertex 60GB atm.

Everything else should be great.

Well thanks for your feedback and I sure hope they will be good together as I've spent hours looking for which components I want and the reviews and stuff.
EDIT: You said, well typed, that I should get a SSD and I have opted for the Corsair Force 40GB F40 card(Corsair Force 40GB F40 2.5" SATA-ll Solid State Drive (CSSD-F40GB2-BRKT) [CSSD-F40GB2-BRKT]) should I also get a SATA controller(Startech 2 Port PCI Express Internal SATA II Controller Card [PEXSATA22I]) as this will make the SSD faster?
EDIT2: I have also decided to get the blue RipJawsX as they have a lower latency.(http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-056-GS)
EDIT3: Decided I wont be using the SSD after all as I don't really need a fast Windows bootup and I don't mind waiting for games to load.
EDIT4: Decided to get http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-012-CS&tool=5 for my PSU

A SATA controller does not make it any faster. The same as an onboard port.

On your SDD, just make sure you put all big programs, as games, Photoshop, MSOffice, etc, on your storage drive.

Whatever timings/latency, RipJaws are great. :)

If not getting a SDD, get a smaller capacity drive for Windows. 128 or 250GB

That PSU is swell. ;)

If I was going to buy an "all-in-one" water cooling solution I would buy the Antec 920 or the Corsair H70.

Antec Kúhler H2O 920 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM2/AM2+/AM2+/AM3+) []

Corsair Hydro H70 High-Performance CPU WaterCooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM2/AM3) [CWCH70]

I reviewed the Corsair H70 here

And if your wanting to run SLI later I would buy a 850W power supply as a minimum. I've been running some benchmarks to load test a new power supply I just got and I've pushed my system up to 760W with a 2600K @ 5Ghz and GTX 480's in SLI (overclocked also). I could see a pair of 570's maxing out a 750W power supply in certain situations.

And if you are planning on SLI later I would recommend getting a Full Tower over a Mid-size. That's a lot of heat for the cramped space in a Mid-size case.

Yeah I might just go for the Corsair H70. Thanks for all your recommendations. I might not do the SLI now that you've pointed this out as I simply don't have the space.

It does support x8/x8 SLi. It is just a bit worse in terms of performance compared with x16/x16.

No it doesn't, the specifications clearly say it has (1) 16X pci-e and (1) 4X pci-e, so that's 16X/4X. The 4X is for PhysX support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom