Building My First Computer - Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpoppi

Beta member
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of building my first computer (which is quite expensive).
I need help confirming that the pieces are compatible.

Here are the parts:
Case: NZXT M59
MB: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

Graphics Card Sapphire 6870

HD Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB)

DVD: SH-B123L

Power Supply: GX-750W

Wireless Adapter: ASUS PCE-N13 Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Express Up to 300Mbps

Cooling Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Fans COOLER MASTER R4-S2S-124K-GP 120mm Case Fan

Thermal Paste Arctic Silver 5

TOTAL = 1072 Euros

I need to be sure that they all work together. I particularly have doubts with the V8 CoolerMaster because I am not sure it will fit in the case without banging into the glass. (the case is the NZXT M59)

Thanks!

Agreed, CoolerMaster doesn't make extraordinary PSU's. Get what says above.

There a reason you need wireless? Gaming won't be that good on wireless.

As said above, if you want it faster, either buy an SSD, or buy a lower WD Black capacity for your OS, for example, 500W. Use 1TB as storage.

Use TX-2 paste. AS5 is cheap and crappy.

Where are you buying all this from?

For PSUs, don't go Cooler Master.

Go Corsair (I've heard bad things about the Builder Series though), PC Power & Cooling, Antec, FSP Group, or one of the other companies suggested on this forum.

What resolution does your monitor support, what connections does it have, and what frame rates are you hoping to get (films are in 24 fps, videos in 30 fps, but most monitors can go up to 60 fps)?

Also, any reason you want wireless? Wireless isn't a very good connection compared to wired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom