Building a Mid-Range Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in New Zealand, and I can't get stuff from newegg. Warranties aren't still valid if the items are shipped to different countries I think, and I heard that newegg doesn't ship outside of the US.

EDIT: Also, I was just checking out some prices, would it be worth it to upgrade to a 3700+? It's about $50 more than a 3500+. Would there be that much more performance that it could dish out, and would it last me longer?

i don't have experience with cooler master and enermax, but antec i know first hand is a solid PSU. even a 400watt would be sufficient i would think. raidmax has a few psu's out there.. so depends which one you got.. i couldn't find a 500watt one, just make sure there's enough amperage on the 12V rails.

3700 has double the L2 cache of the 3500; i'd try to get it. when you say $50 more, you mean 50 newzealand dollars right? not US dollars... still tho.. on newegg the diff is like USD$12 which is like $18 newzealand dollars.. but anyways.. you already explained that..

I have a cooler master power supply. They work. They're not designed for overclocking or anything along those lines, but they work. It's very reliable.

Ryan

Yeah, I'm not going to be overclocking, so that's fine. I might see if I can go with the 3700+ then, would it work well witha 6800GS? And would that mobo still be ok for it?

Oh ok then. So my decision is final on the CPU and video card now. Is that mobo still ok? It's a nice price to fit in my price range. I'm going to upgrade the PSU maybe to a Cooler Master PSU, or an Antec one. Depending on what cash I have left over.

What about that ram in the builds too. Is the OCZ ram better than that Kingston ram?

Australia has real cheap stuff. You can get a dual 6800 for the price of one
( Am i seeing double :O?)
( )
()
o_O

Um.. off-topic? Lol.

That's weird, since a x2 6800's cost as much as a 6800 x2 over here. :)

So, what about the question about that ram then? OCZ or Kingston? Which is the better memory in my two builds in my first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom