Building a Gaming PC..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexifoil

Baseband Member
Hi, im interested in building a gaming pc. My budget is about £400-600. Is my budget to low? All i really want to do it play CCS and Doom 3, games like that. I was thinking of buying 2 monitors then linking them.

Any ideas on what specs i should expect with this money would be appricated. Thanks.

buy 2 monitors on your that budget? C 8 (negative)

if the 400 to 600 pounds is for only the computer (no monitor speakers, all the external stuff) then yes, you'll be able to get a very decent system.

You should probally look around at flee markets for all the exterier stuff. You can get a nice **** cheap.

Regardless, at that budget you will not be able to afford 2 quality monitors on top of a decent gaming system.

What kind of monitors were you looking at anyway? Both to be LCD, or one CRT and one LCD?

Forget about the monitors for right now.

What games are you wanting to play? Do you have any preference as to brands? Do you have to have cutting edge, or will tech that is a little older be just fine as long as it gets the job done?

another question..

Can you play the game on low or medium settings?.. the game will still be playable, still (in my eyes) look great, but wont be like full AA 1600x1200 etc..

You might be able to build a decent gaming PC for 600, without any monitors, but keep an eye on Gumtree, every now and again you get someone advertising free 17" CRTs in their freebies-section. I got 1 17" there, and today picked up 2 perfectly working 19" CRTs for 20 quid. Bargain, I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom