building a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on what you call good. If you need everything $300 - $10,000 will get you a "good" computer.

If I had to guess, A mid range computer that will play DX10 games (just the box) about $400-$600.

I think your best bet is to set your budget and see what you can get for the $.

How much are you willing to spend?
What kind of games are you playing?
How long will this computer have to last you?

$600 US for a surprisingly decent one, $1000 for a really nice one

*Makes a cheap build*

buildgb2.png

$615.92 total with mail-in-rebates, not including monitor, operating system or shipping though :D

Games like flight simulator x deluxe edition with the graphics on max or crysis when its released. I am willing to put about a grand into. I already have a screen and everything just want a good box

newbuildjz2.png

$968.92 with mail-in-rebates, quad-core machine with a high-end DX10 card, can't go wrong, the case is just a place holder, obviously chose whatever case looks best to you

ah wait, South Australia, you're working with AUS dollars? Oh man, that's not good :( computer parts are super expensive there, don't expect to even get half of the system I just proposed to you for $1000AUS, no offense man, don't know why everything's so expensive there when the exchange rate is not really that bad, 9600XT for $200 = omg, X6800 for $1600, jesus christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom