Building a computer, all comments welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay then. i had originally intended to go with intel core 2 duo so i think ill change the motherboard and processor back to the ones i had chosen before.

btw what is a core 2 duo 2.8ghz equivalent too in terms of a single core?

lol....I'm not sure, but not even a P4 at the world record high overclock of 8.1GHz, can touch a C2D at stock. Shows how badly, P4's architecture sucks.

also i need someone to explain what data bus spped is in terms of motherboards. im currently deciding between two mother boards. their both equal in my needs except is it worth £70 for an extra 300MHz data bus speed?

To be honest, that is no gaming rig. Good luck playing the upcoming games at anything higher than medium/low settings.

im saving 70 quid

well ur attitude is really helpful. also if u actually visited the website and quicklinked the motherboard youll see it has NO AGP. seriously, are you an idiot? dont you get it? i cant buy a card for less than £200 which has 512mb of ram. im sure as **** not forking out £350 for something which is going to be redundant in a years time because theres no ****ing point wasting my money. £100 is fine for something which is good for the mean time I.E. i might well get an 8800 WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY. get it? because unlike you i actually earn the money im given and dont still get handouts from my parents. so go and take ur sulky teenage attitude of "we're just trying to help" and advice of "spend more money" and just shove it. your comment wasnt remotely ****ing helpful.

and anyone who goes blowing money on alienware systems is either a) someone with no respect for money or b) an idiot.

i also find it hard to take anyone seriosly when they get their 'I' and 'A' mixed up in their spelling of "Ultimate"

i dont want to take advice if its just advice on spending more of my money. no ona has actually given any helpful advice such as "the processor isnt compatible". ive already decided what im buying i just wanted help identifying any problems, and as far as im concerned, having the BEST graphics card isnt my prioity if it just means going over my budget.

and im not getting an ati card. nvidia ftw.

lol i cant spell then why are you on a budget if youre so smart i would figure youd find a way to save up money or have a "smart person" job to be able to buy a badass gaming rig am I right? oh and you misspelled seriosly

I dont have to explain myself to anyone especially you. i bought the alienware because i ****ing wanted to buy it noob. If youre such an expert why are you asking for help. I never said you MB had agp u ****ing moron, but w/e go spend your money on a worthless build i don't give a ****. HAHHA what a ****ing moron saying that i have no disregard for money when you want to get an sli 8500 system.

and i never told u to get an ati card i told u my 2 yr old build can spank urs any day get it ur build sux ftw!!!!

Oh and i missed the comment about my parents but hey i guess you were a teenager at one point right? I mean its not my fault god gave me good parents that actually work. Wut happen? mommy and daddy didnt give u enuff stuff owww im srry. This must be kinda embarrasing though a teenager that actually knows how to handle a budget better than you, and knows more about computer hardware than you. Awe you must be such a wonderful person, were you born rich?
i just dont like ati, moron. i had one of their cards before and it was dodgey.

what happened noob didn't figure out how to install the drivers correctly?

you guys need to relax and if there is nothing worthwhile for you to contribute, maybe you should reply to threads that your posts will actually be useful. sheesh.
ok here we go:
keep the amd system BUT:
change processor to x2 3600 BRISBANE (which will be the 45nm one) heres the link:
dabs.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600 AM2 1.9GHz (ADO3600DDBOX)
you can overclock it WELL past an x2 4800. mine can clock to almost 3.2ghz.
take the money left over like L35.00 or so i have no idea how much that is in dollars tho lol:) and buy the 8800gts 320 that everyone is suggesting. it really is a better idea than sli'ing those two cards. now, i myself have sli 7900gs, and they kick some major arse. i would suggest that anything less than 7900gs in sli is not worth it. but, you said you want them to run dx10, so i guess that is a moot point.
so, i say the 8800gts 320, then if you really want sli, get another one later (the prices will drop pretty quickly i bet). 2 x 8800gts would be awesome, my friend.
the mobo i do not know anything about, so i have a hard time recommending it. it is compatible with the 4800 you have selected, and the 3600 i suggest, so you are okay there. i DO know that the 590 chipset is absolutely the best for am2 cpus (i have an evga 590 sli)
if you want to stick with wireless laser mouse, i suggest logitech g7. i have one, and it is the greatest thing in the history of mice. i didnt see it on your website, so you may have to look. it may put you over your budget, but i dunno...check it out.
i am also curious as to why you have a router? do you need it for your internet connection? your ISP will probably supply it if you do. even if not, a cheap-o netgear router can be had for 50 bucks U.S....once again no idea what that translates into for redcoat money lol.
make sure the ram you have and the ram you are purchasing run on the same voltage, or at least REALLY close. ie you do not want one stick to run at 2.2V and the other at 1.9V...that will cause you problems, most likely. make sure they will run within .1V of each other.
hope this helps, sorry about some of our other members hosin on ya about things and being RUDE.

you guys need to relax and if there is nothing worthwhile for you to contribute, maybe you should reply to threads that your

I will reax the problem is i wont stand by and let someone insult me.... wen all im trying to do is help.

you guys need to relax and if there is nothing worthwhile for you to contribute, maybe you should reply to threads that your posts will actually be useful. sheesh.

I was being helpful, by sugesting for him to buy an X1950XT for the same price as an 8500GT SLi setup, which would clearly be faster...

yeah i wasnt neccesarily talking to you bro, your suggestion is valid. just a comment in general for those of us who dont know how to communicate ideas to the new members here without being a**holes about it.
i've had my moments like that...but it doesnt help anyone. dude if the o.p. ios being rude, then just back out of the conversation maybe..? i know we all like to help folks with their builds, sometimes they dont want to hear it...sometimes they dont want to listen. i made my first build with an amd x2 4200, despite all the kicking and scratching and intel lovers telling me what an idiot i was...i am happy that i did...i loved that rig. i love this one even more. some people couldnt believe i was building yet ANOTHER amd rig, but MEH! to them. i dont mean to play like i am super-mod or anything, you guys...i'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom