Building A Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusader

In Runtime
Hey i want to build a computer for general use and average gaming.
I have only recently become intersested in the techniacal side to computers. Could anyone please help me by telling me want sort of stuff i need to be looking for to build a computer particularly in the aspects of:
CPU
Motherboard
RAM
Video Card
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply

Cheers

mmm, nothing like a cheese burger (cooked by yours truly) @ 1 a.m. :D

anyways, on to your question, even though you probably know what i'm going to suggest.

I'd say find a case with a power supply (usually comes with a 300-350w) which would be fine average gaming and use.

You'd want a big hard drive because that just means more files you can save! I'd say a 40-80 gb would be fine (unless you're a big time movie/music fan)

You'd want atleast a Nvidia Geforge FX 5500 or Radeon 9200 or better, just so your computer preforms tasks faster as well as being able to handle the older games (nothing VERY recent)

I'd say if your on a budget go with the Sempron 2200+ with a nice socket A mother board that supports AGP 8x and PC2700 or better RAM. I've never had a problem with my AMD Sempron 2200+, its not the fastest but its great for a budget PC.

As for ram, you can either get 2x 512 sticks of PC3200 or 1x stick, either way you don't wanna be stuck with 256mb, especially if you're using the memory hungry WindowsXP.

If you're into watching DVDs on your computer then go ahead and purchase a CD/DVD-ROM drive, they go for about ~$30 USD, and you'd probably want a floppy drive. I know they're out dated but they are very useful imho.

Sorry that no one else is posting but its pretty early over here. hope my post helps the least little bit. :)

mmm, nothing like a cheese burger (cooked by yours truly) @ 1 a.m.

mm... I could go for one of those right about now :beard: I think I'll settle for tuna...hey..it's all I got!

Crusader, we need to have SOME idea of a budget. Are we talkin' 3-5 hundred, 5- 7..or what?

Oh man your a legend ill do some research into that stuff u suggested. Yea that sucks ay its only 8.30pm over here but anyway cheers.

JCash21 said:
mm... I could go for one of those right about now :beard: I think I'll settle for tuna...hey..it's all I got!

Crusader, we need to have SOME idea of a budget. Are we talkin' 3-5 hundred, 5- 7..or what?

It was kind of like soy patties, but throw on a slice of cheese and some pickles + and you got yourself a great midnight snack :cool:

Earlier Crusader said he had about $200 laying around, so I'd say hes got about a ~200-300 budget, mabye more if need be, but I think 300 is plenty for an average gamers pc :p

Yea sorry about the budget, its hard cos im in New Zealand and as you probably know my countrys currency sucks a bit compared to your countrys so im not sure what stuff in America costs compared to NZ. But $500-800US would probably be the max i could do at the moment which is probably not enough but xmas is coming so u never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom