I'm most likely going to build a computer for my girlfriend in the near future. She doesn't have a job (she's only 16, not like she's a bum, I know that would be coming
) so she doesn't have much money.
I'm looking to build a computer for less than $400 dollars.
What it will be used for: CD/DVD Burning, Web Browsing, IM-ing, downloading music. NO GAMING. <-- I take that back, maybe games like Snood.
I have come up with a list already. Mind you, she doesn't have much money, so I have some specs I need
These are: A cheap graphics card that has S-Video Out to connect to an LCD TV which will be used as a monitor. Also would like to have a DVD Burner and DVD ROM drives (1 of Each). I am leaving the case up to her to find what she wants.
Here's the list:
- MSI PM8M3-V Via Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard
Intel Celeron D 352 3.20GHz OEM Processor - $79.99
- Ultra 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory - $79.99
- CHAINTECH LA-FX20-H GeForce FX5200 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Low Profile Video Card
- LITE-ON Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW
Lite-on SHD-16P1S / 16x DVD-ROM / 48x CD-ROM / Black / Internal / Drive
- Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB Serial ATA II
- Allied Data / Tornado 122 / 54Mbps / 802.11g / PCI / Wireless Network Adapter
^^ I understand that NIC isn't spectacular, but it's cheap and has decent reviews. I will need a wireless NIC, however, if it were to be changed.
Could Someone check this over, see if I can lower the price at all for it, it would be greatly appreciated.