Building and Buying questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to disagree on this point. I've been a fan of AMD since the K6-2, and generally find they out-perform or at least equal Intel chips, and the price is definitely better.

Check this article out.

CNET prizefight: AMD vs. Intel dual-core CPUs - CNET reviews

no thats wrong...... thats Pentium D (which was destroyed by x2 because of stinking Netburst) we're talking about Core 2 Duos and x2's are losing a bit to the Core 2 Duos, which have the performance crown currently

no thats wrong...... thats Pentium D (which was destroyed by x2 because of stinking Netburst) we're talking about Core 2 Duos and x2's are losing a bit to the Core 2 Duos, which have the performance crown currently

True enough. I still prefer the AMD's price point, but the 64 X2 can't match those benchmarks!

AMD are not as good per price with overclocking...the cheap 90 buck E2180 can be overclocked to 3.0ghz+ on stock cooling which will beat any X2 around 3.5ghz.

Have fun getting even the X2 6000 to 3.5ghz...

Any help with the PSU and case choice?

Is it OK to use the PSU that's supplied with the case? And what's an acceptable price range for the case with my budget?

It's never recommended to use the PSU included with the case. They're just not reliable. Look for a good quality brand PSU, and don't skimp on it either, as it's the most important component. Look for brands such as Corsair, HIPER, FSP, Antec...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom