Building Around a Graphics Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightShock

Solid State Member
I bought this graphics card idk like 4 weeks ago for another computer cause it was having issues and I couldn't play any games on it what so ever. Anyways I am away from that computer now and a graphics card I am not using so I have from 500 to possibly 700 dollars coming my way and i am trying to build an affordable computer around this graphics card. The Graphics Card is a ATI Radeon HD 5670 512mb. I have a few things I took into and was looking around and this is probably a wrong build for what I am going for I want to be able to game but not INTENSELY but still have space for like movies, music, and games.

Here are my start of my build with links.

Case

Apevia Black/Black X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Fan Controller, Front USB and Firewire Port at TigerDirect.com

Mobo and CPU

Biostar N68S+ Motherboard w/ AMD Phenom X3 8850 Processor Bundle at TigerDirect.com

RAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260

Gfx Card

ATI Radeon

Lost on the Power supply.

Trying to find a decent bigger harddrive for downloads.

Replacements for cheaper or better things let me know. I am willing to improve the idea/process.

If you could get me a link to a Mobo/CPU combo or something decent I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

As for the Psu do you think it would fit in that case or would I have to grab a new case ??

The case is a regular size case, so most, 99%, of psu will fit.

What really are your plans for it and intentions? Is it just to get it running?

Something like this:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard $60
and a cpu like this
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X3 435 Rana 2.9GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX435WFGMBOX $72
or this Dual:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX250OCGMBOX $59

Both Will be great. The board can be used with X4 and x6s when you want another affordable upgrade in the future.

Stupid speaking here whats an X4 or x6s ??

Mostly to play some games and dl stuff and sooner or later get into graphic designs and later on my old web designing and learn over again and learn the new HTML5 and extras.

x4 is a quad core, and x6 is a 6 core chip.

The x2 is a dual. Like the one you choose is an x3.. So its got 3 cores.

From what you just posted, you'll be fine with a dual core and a decent mother board.

BTW only a **** would care if you don't know the terms.... Only stupid question is the one not asked.

The more cores the more you can do at 1 instance of time. Which unless youre doing heavy processing, like graphics rendering, video encoding, etc, you'll not really notice much from a dual core and more.

Yes, any pci-e slotted board will do. Pretty much 99% of boards will have the slot.

I thought there was certain unit size for the graphics card slot ??

And by any chance would you know of a good deal on a larger Harddrive??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom