Building 2 comps and want tech savy for 4+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcardej

Beta member
What to do what to do?
Im looking to take the current 500 watt psu's earthwatts, 1T H.D's, Screens, and keyboard mice etc. What i do need though is the MB, processor, memory. Im looking to stay current with games for 4+ years without taking the video cards into consideration, as these can be upgraded with ease. I7 processors look good but not wanting to overclock. My dual core amd 3.0 computers lasted us four years and did great with everything i could through at them. So price range. Anyone know of places that give discounts to double purchases etc. I want to spend 1500 but hey if its a little more then cool. My hearts not set on any processor or motherboard type but if im not OC how do i weight amd vs. pentium. Any help would be appreciated my options are huge and want to dial it in so i dont overspend on something i dont need because of my ego.....lol

if im not OC how do i weight amd vs. pentium.
Honestly, most current gen CPUs have the option to overclock. Granted you can buy the "locked" version, but why when the difference is ~$5.

As it stands, and has pretty much always stood, core for core Intel beats AMD in performance.
That being said, for ~$100 less you can get an AMD chip that is capable of doing what you need.

I don't know if games in the next 4+ years are going to be utilizing hyper-threading, so its kind of a hard question to answer.
For right now though I'd say your choices are an Intel i5 2500K or AMD FX-4100.
If you're looking at ~$1,500 for 2 comps you'll probably be better off with the FX-4100 budget wise.

sounds good. But, do u think i can make them with i7's sence i allready have some parts and what is the diffrence between the i5s nad i7s hyperthreading??? and where not counting a video card, power supply, hard drive in the budget i allready have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom