Build or Upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
I'm getting pretty bored by console gaming, I feel it's like almost the same thing and it's not as fun as PC gaming. Now by saying this and looking at my sig it's kinda wierd imagining me playing some of the games I would like to run such as Cod 4 and possible MW2 when it comes out. So here's the deal, I'll probably be giving this computer over to my mom since it's perfect for her got's everything it's need once I've cleared the pop up problem on it. Ok so I was wondering around the December time, if it's possible to build a decent gaming computer that would basically need everything like a monitor mouse keyboard operating system etc... With the budget of around $800. I would possibly like to be running games like, Runes Of Magic, which I currently run no problems but in the future with cod on the computer it'll probably lag alot. Other games like cod 4 also and basically steam based games. I would like AMD, intel isn't a problem really but AMD is cheaper and good also so I'll be leaning to that side. Something like an ATI 4870, or a GeForce 280 not sure since I heard the new line of cards are coming out for GeForce I beleive they are called the D11 (direct x 11 cards) not really sure just heard today lol. I think it's possible roughly needing keyboard mouse monitor and operating system :/.

Alright so here's the other side lol. The computer in my SIG, is it worth upgrading ? Or just going with the large block of text above ?

Considering my 3850 runs COD4 silky smooth, yes you can build a decent rig for $800 including monitor. Prices on current gen stuff should drop between now and December, too.

it really depends on what you wanna do. im pretty sure you could build a complete gaming desktop with that budget, but then again, you could also upgrade your rig if you wanted to.

i think the minimal things you could to to your current rig is upgrading your cpu, graphics card, and power supply. and youd also need a new mid/full tower case to support full size cards.

either way, if you're planning on buying in dec. you shouldnt list out your parts yet, because new parts will come out, and prices will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom