Build suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

citronbull

Baseband Member
This will be my first build, I am not a gamer and I will be using the computer for normal everyday use plus Adobe CS4. Mainly photoshop and maybe dreamweaver and illustrator. I will also add a bluray drive that will connect to my HDTV. Budget is around $500, (i have a monitor and no need for new keyboard and mouse) I will not use Newegg because I have to pay 9.25 tax for being in CA and I am happy with TigerDirect. THanks guys!

Do you need an Operating System?

Here's a build for $525 w/o tax or shpping. I don't like TigerDirect, I suggest you use Newegg regardless of the tax.

Mobo/CPU: ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard CPU Bundle - AMD Athlon X2 4400+ 2.30GHz OEM Processor, Geforce7025nForce 630a, mATX Motherboard ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 w AMD X2 4400+ OEM CPU at TigerDirect.com
CPU fan: Thermaltake TR2-R1 AMD Socket AM2939754 Aluminum 92mm Fan CPU Cooler A4022 at TigerDirect.com
RAM:OCZ Platinum XTC 4GB Dual Channel PC6400 Memory - DDR2-800MHz, Enhanced Bandwidth, 4096MB (2 x 2048MB) OCZ2P800EB4GK at TigerDirect.com
PSU: Corsair CX400W Power Supply - 400-Watt, 120mm Fan, SATA-Ready, 80Plus, ATX CMPSU-400CX at TigerDirect.com
Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 - Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports CAC-T05-UW at TigerDirect.com
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB Hard Drive - 7200, 8MB, Serial ATA-300, OEM ST3250310AS at TigerDirect.com
Blueray: LG Super Multi Blu-RayHD DVD-Rom Drive OEM - 6x BD-ROM, 6xBD-R, BD-RE 2x, 3x HD DVD ROM,16 x DVD-ROM, 12x DVD-R, SATA GGC-H20LK at TigerDirect.com
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 - 1024MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFireX Ready, Dual DVI, HDTV, HDMI Support, Video Card 100256L at TigerDirect.com

Note that you cannot write CDs with that blue ray reader, but you can write DVDs, and read CDs. I'm also not sure about that PSU, I didn't look it up. Might want to check that out. Also I don't know much about using computers for HDTV, so that card might be overkill.

Thanks for your suggestions Gilles. I think I will use Windows 7 RC for this build and buy it in October when it gets officially released. I have an external DVD burner right now, sorry i forgot to note that. Why is Newegg better than TigerDIrect? I've never had any problems with them.

Newegg is generally cheaper, in my limited experience using the American versions of the sites. As well, it's just a lot easier to search for parts on. The shipping and customer service might be better too. I know Tiger Direct isn't the best choice up here in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom