Build Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I think I asked to many question on updates. But here goes.

My thread on my Open Air project: http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/project-open-air-case-245403/

My server, Nexus, is being taken down. I am using that to build a computer for a friend. Using the case, ThermalTake Lanboy Lite. Had the case up in my attic for a few years. :p

So, anyhow, I am getting a NAS enclosure to put my 2 x WD 640GB in RAID1. Decided in previous thread, just waiting for my checks to come in. ;)

I still have a system left, a 1156 ASUS P7P55d-e LX, and i5 760. Also the original heatsink I had in there. A Xigmatek one, can't remember model. I can put my old trusty 8800GTS 380 on there. I plan to put Linux on there, so I can use my older OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD easily. I have 4GB of DDR3 1600, G.Skill Ripjaws X. Bought em on sale and promo code and free shipping, of Newegg earlier. Also one of my sticks from my current system, 4 x 2GB set, still G.Skill Ripjaws, 1600, same timings. Didn't seem to like all 4 slots filled. :neutral:

The question comes down to 2 factors.

1. Should I use my Seasonic 500GM (modular), or my Tagan ITZ ITZ700 on this system? I do not think I need that much power, as I'm not running the latest GFX. And I don't plan to OC this baby. Only slightly, at best.

2. I'm looking for a tech bench style case. Still open air, though. I saw the HSPC benches, but I don't want to pay $80 for the cheapest one. I then saw this one:
Doma Pro PCI (on amazon as well for $49.99, Free shipping)
About 30% the price of the HSPC. Doesn't look like a cheap pos. Maybe put some cold cathodes on to make it awesome? :lol:

Oh, just something I was thinking about. Is the Tagan ITX recommended? I don't see it in the PSU guide.

I got it from a friend after he reviewed it. He had high marks for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom