Build or not to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
I need another system and have built my last two. Everything has went ok but today in Walmart saw a HP Computer with 300 gig Sata HD, Pentium D 930 3.00 Processor 2 gigs of Memory, CD Burner, Card reader etc. For $1000.00.

Looks like my build will cost that much and now that I have done a few not sure what to do. Usually the Pc's are just not exactly what I need so I build but this one seems to be.

Any advice, I dont want to build just to build, If I am not gaining anything than my purchase this one.

Any Help would be appreciated.

you can still do better.

you can probably get the same build but with a good video card.

maybe you'd like to wait for the conroe prebuilts if you must get a prebuilt [you might want to wait for the conroe anyway to be honest, even if ur not getting one, prices will drop once its out]

but everyone in this forum would tell you custom ones are ten times better.

right now im a little busy so no time to check for you for the best prebuilts but if you get no extra recommendatiosn by tomorrow i'll get you some then.

about the one you posted above, will be ok+ for multitasking, not a crazy overclocker [and i dont think hp even allows overclocking though] but should be alright, but that video card will be not so great for gaming, only low-rsolution and low settings will work on that... though it WILL work in bottom line, if that all you are looking for...... and will work quite fine if its not a gaming machine.

-Jo.

I have not played a game on a computer in years, I multi task, multi task multi task.

I am a photographer and process images with photoshop, and show slide show presentation over a projector. Thats why I like the Pentium D processors

you can get a low end video card and save yourself around $200 and have the same components

i can put together a build for you but you seem hestitant to build..

aliasaid said:
you can get a low end video card and save yourself around $200 and have the same components

i can put together a build for you but you seem hestitant to build..

I just fixed the main pc which buys me some time so I am all for building.

I have always used these componets, because they worked, but open for new ideas.

Coolermaster cases, intel boards, and Intel Pentium Processors 775.

I do a lot of multitasking and need a video card with HDTV out and vga allowing dual video out.

Would love some help with a build. I do need a good DVD burner, I burn lots and lots of DVD's of photo shows.

Look forward to the help and thanks for offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom