A build for my uncle, how's it look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i may as well have some fun with the dual core. haven't been given the chance to OC on a dc yet.
although, it's not like he needs the power boost.

WHY WOULD YOU NEED 2GB RAM TO BROWSE THE NET???? Save yourself 500$ and you still have a decent office machine.

hmm.. i should have some regular AS5 sitting around somewhere in this house. I just have no clue where it is. I usually buy a tube of it everytime I buy something from Newegg, just to have it.

I had to cut back on the RAM in the original spec list because i was at $795 and completely forgot to include the psu. lol... Wish I would've seen that ram instead before ordering. Oh well, he doesn't use his computer for much more than webbrowsing/openoffice/business. He won't notice the difference.

I can't wait to play around with this conroe. going to be fun :)

Now that I think about it, I think a sub $400 comp would have been more than enough for your uncle.
That's one big misconception with computers. Folks, you don't need a $800 comp for just webbrowsing/openoffice/business.
So I think you should have spent the $400 for the rig and another $250 for a nice monitor.

guys- he told me 800$ for the comp.

he's getting a 25" monitor later.

this guy is rich as ****, let him do what he wants. its his money

i didn't ask for bashes against the system JUST because it's 800$ and he's not going to use it for gaming.
who cares? i asked how it looks.

plus, later- if he wants to go to vista, he doesn't have to rebuild just to be able to do it.

think :)

guys- he told me 800$ for the comp.

he's getting a 25" monitor later.

this guy is rich as ****, let him do what he wants. its his money

i didn't ask for bashes against the system JUST because it's 800$ and he's not going to use it for gaming.
who cares? i asked how it looks.

plus, later- if he wants to go to vista, he doesn't have to rebuild just to be able to do it.

think :)

No bro, no bashing at all. He's rich? well then don't be surprised if he gives you the comp. You seem rather pumped to have ordered it. but that's good though. Shoot, I wish i had a darn rich uncle.

Good luck with the build. And please oc it just for the fun of it! 8^)

lol i plan on it! haha.

I did give him the option though.. he asked what it would cost for a build and i said well.. anywhere from 400$ to like 15,000$. lol..

DUAL 30" MONITORS FTW! :D ahahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom