A build for my uncle, how's it look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice build for the price.

Don't use the AS Ceramique. Go with paste, either AS5 or MX-1.

hmm.. i should have some regular AS5 sitting around somewhere in this house. I just have no clue where it is. I usually buy a tube of it everytime I buy something from Newegg, just to have it.

I had to cut back on the RAM in the original spec list because i was at $795 and completely forgot to include the psu. lol... Wish I would've seen that ram instead before ordering. Oh well, he doesn't use his computer for much more than webbrowsing/openoffice/business. He won't notice the difference.

I can't wait to play around with this conroe. going to be fun :)

Oh well, he doesn't use his computer for much more than webbrowsing/openoffice/business.
And you're getting him a E6420, a 7900GS, and a CNPS9500? You could have dropped $400 and built him a decent office machine.

I've really been wanting to build a computer like this for awhile though just never had the opportunity.

He gave me an 800$ budget and thats what i threw in there. but yeah, too late now.

This would be tight but funny:

Keep the overkill rig, then build another, second, ultra cheap PC ($400) for your uncle. Then, you get the $800 off him, claiming that the cheap rig cost that much. There you have it: an $800 PC for $400!!!

(the only downside to that plan was the part about stealing from and conning family members but oh well like that matters)

lmao i can't do that anyway. I put all the parts on his credit card so he knows whats up if i try conning lol. This guy is a guru with money anyway... im sure he'd figure it out lol

The case isn't all that good. For that price, could've bought a better one.
Memory too.

Oh, well, it's not your pc. Good luck with the build. R U gonna oc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom