build it my self

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, and try not to worry. Like Peter said, just take your time if you have to, and don't take any shortcuts (it literally took me at least 30+ minutes just to get my heatsink/fan on because the clips wouldn't stay, but I finally got it after a while). On my first build, Windows would crash when I tried to install chipset drivers from the Mobo disc, and I had to do a repair install like twice. Then on my 2nd build (one for a friend), I didn't get the RAM seated in all the way, so I spent probably about an hour trying to troubleshoot the problem (triple-checked all connections, and all sorts of other stuff, then I noticed the RAM wasn't in all the way lol).

Just don't forget to install all your drivers from the CD that comes with your motherboard (or at least the network drivers, so you can connect to the net and get updated ones =) ).

For my first build I used a barebone, you don't have to deal with connecting the mobo to the case because that is already done then you can just add what ever else you want like ram, processor, hdd, video card. I found that to be really easy.

yeah ok i have decided to have like a pre run on it

putting about £150 - £200 in to a cheep system for my first build just so i know what i am doing befor i go in to the more pricey pc's.

yeah ok i have decided to have like a pre run on it

putting about £150 - £200 in to a cheep system for my first build just so i know what i am doing befor i go in to the more pricey pc's.

Dont bother with that, just disassemble and reassemble your current system.

Dont bother with that, just disassemble and reassemble your current system.

agreed.

building a pc really isn't too hard, if all your parts work (no DOA's) it should take you 1-2 hours to build, and 30 mins for install and you shouldn't have any problems.

From someone who just built their PC for the first time last week, it wasn't bad at all. The actual installation of the motherboard and CPU were quite simple. It may take a while initially, but it's easier after that.

The only problems I did have was with the Front Panel connections, as many have stated. Also, cable management was kind of challenging, but it's doable. I don't have the neatest looking case, but it's average. The manuals that you get with the products help a TON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom