Build A Computer For Me Please - ~$400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
Need a NewEgg wishlist with a budget of around $400 for a computer. Tower only, no monitor, keyboard, speakers, or mouse necessary. This will be for my girlfriends family and will mainly be used for browsing the internet and media transfering (from home video cameras, etc). Their current setup is extremely old/slow.

I put together a wishlist myself, but I realized that i've been out of the loop for a while and could be considered an Intel and Nvidia fanboi. So being that I just want the best deal for them, I need some unbiased opinions/help.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Does the build need an operating system?

Cooler Master Centurion 534
Samsung 22x DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
WD 1TB Green
Gigabyte 780G AM2+
Antec 430W Earthwatts
2x2GB G-Skill DDR2-800
AMD 7750

Reasons:
  1. Families prefer quiet, understated computers thus all parts were chosen to minimize noise. The Centurion is a solid budget case that comes with two quiet 120mm fans. The Antec power supply is perhaps the most quiet out of the budget PSUs.
  2. Reliability, I never had an issue with antec power supplies and g-skill ram. Western digital has been in 75% of my computer builds, 90% of the boards I recommend are made from Gigabyte. Don't skimp on quality and you won't have headaches in the long run (to repair a computer that suddenly fails not only takes time but hurts your reputation).
  3. I try to maximize storage space and RAM as that provides a better computing experience for those who don't need to game.
  4. At the low end spectrum, I believe AMD is a better choice due to their superior onboard graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom