Build complete! Questions remain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjlambert

Baseband Member
Hey all,

First, thanks to all for the help in assembling my new build (see sig!)

I have a couple questions if anyone out there is an expert.

1. I installed Windows 7 (and WoW :)) on the SSD with no problem. I sort of randomly plugged in the SATA cables to the Mobo and they're listed with the SSD as a Master and the HDD as a slave - does this matter much? It still boots fine with the SSD first in the boot sequence followed by the optical.

2. I'm a bit dumb in this regard so I'm curious how to make use of my HDD. I can see it in Disk Management in Windows but it isn't allocated and doesn't show under My Computer. My goal is to use the HDD for storage so I'd like the My Pictures, My Document, etc to end up on that drive. Of course first I'd have to actually see it. My optical is listed as the D drive but can I make it so the HDD is D and optical E? Then is it possible to have everything I put in the My... folders go on to the D? Map it differently or something?

Sorry for the basic questions but I spent so much time learning the hardware I'm still a noob with the other stuff.

Any tips are appreciated or links for dummies.

Thanks!

No, the boot record maps the OS to whatever you have it as, it's all fine.

Of coarse you can't use the 1T drive.. You gotta format it silly.

Use Disk management to format and/or partion it as ntfs.

Not sure on mapping the my docs stuff, but you could justr manually do the placement

Thanks guys, like I said nooby but trying to learn. Turns out these computer things are complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom