A Build On Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

PINGUINO

Beta member
Hello Tech-Forum members, I found out about this website and I see there is alot of activity. I am new to the computer building world, and I would like some advice and tips.

I am on a $500 budget, but I can push it to $600 IF necessary. I want quality parts for my build, so I jumped on the video card for now.

Check out the parts I have in mind.

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Skyline ATX-948WS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases - $59.99

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops - $58.99

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards - $89.99

Newegg.com - A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1B16K - Desktop Memory - $85.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008 - $49.99

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $55.99

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 24X DVD-R SATA Black 24X DVD Writer LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners - $31.99

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems - $104.99

That comes down to $547.92. Leaves me $60 for a keyboard and a mouse.

As you can notice, I didn't place a video card in this build. That is because I want to buy a good one and with the budget I don't have many options.

In the future, I want to buy something like the GeForce GT 240 GDDR5, only requires 300W PSU.

For now, the Radeon HD 4200 will do my needs fairly well.

Anything I need to know before buying these parts please tell.

Thank you :big_smile:

Thanks for the help guys. I changed the hard drive to the Caviar Blue you suggested. That saved me $10 so I have about $40 on a keyboard and mouse now. And, I picked the 500W because I wanted my power supply to be modular and that was the best bang for the buck I found.

What do you think?

What do you guys think of the keyboard and mouse I picked?

Re: A BUILD ON A BUDGET

You get what you pay for as far as mice and keyboards go.

Okay I changed the power supply to the one Fat Clown told me to get. That leaves me with $60 on a keyboard and a mouse. Will update the list in a bit.

Thank you guys!

Put most of that on your mouse and go with a cheap Microsoft keyboard. I used to use the cheap curve one and it was fine for gaming... in fact I miss it when typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom