Build for a buddy, not high performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I love you guys. Always building the best for a little more.

He really cannot spend over 300 though, and would like to spend less. I'm gonna cut down the hard drive, the PSU, and the case, unless y'all think this unwise.

^for just a tight budget build i think he could skimp a bit more on the case... you can find some decent cases that will work for pretty cheap. But i agree on the psu, don't skimp on that part, that is the one part you don't really want to cheap out on.

See that's the problem. If you don't skimp on the PSU you're really limited on the case.

Here, some math. The Antec 300 is 55 bucks regularly. The combo deal with the PSU saves 25 bucks. If you get the same PSU, you have to find a case that's 30 bucks for it to be the SAME price as the antec 300 with the combo deal. See what I'm saying?

So basically, the only way he'd save any money is by getting this case:

Newegg.com - Rosewill R222-P-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

And that would only be 10 bucks he saved.

It would be better to try to scrimp together another 30 bucks to get the full build, or just lower the HDD some. I wouldn't touch the case/psu combo.

No, it's cool. Sorry if I came off as a jerk or something, lol. Wasn't trying to. I had just woke up not too long before that. :p

I was basically aiming the cost thing at the OP. If he really doesn't want to spend anything over 300 bucks, we're really limited in what we can change.

^nah mate, i did not take it the wrong way (infact i did not even think there was anything wrong with your post lol) I should have looked before i posted is all.

300 is a very tight budget, even for newegg. That budget is pretty much imposible for canda. I agree, i think you should stick with hikari's build, it is a good one. You can only go so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom