the bug bites again...the GPU bug

Uh, the card doesn't get a boost just because it's paired with the board. Not sure where you got that info from. Each Geforce 700 series card has GPU Boost 2.0 which runs by itself regardless of the rest of your setup.

Seriously, it would be quite dumb to pass up a 550 dollar 780ti over matching colors. Even my friend is like wtf, cause he just dropped 1400 on brand new 780ti cards lol.

From MSI:

VGA Boost increases the power limitations for MSI GAMING graphics cards when inserted in an MSI GAMING motherboard. It simply upgrades your Power Tuning and current limits allowing your graphics to boost to higher clock speeds when your gaming graphics get more intense and sustain maximum performance for a longer time.
This is all supported because of the power design for the PCI Express slots and the build quality of MSI Graphics cards. Now, matching MSI gaming hardware not only gives your game PC some fiery red dragon looks, your PC gaming experience will benefit from a safe and powerful boost in graphics.

Maybe a gimmick, maybe not.
But yes I am seeing that perhaps, indeed, it would be foolish to pass up a 700 flagship card for 500, or even 550.00. I don't think the guy really understands what he has (I'm not saying anything to him lol), he's just like "I only play league of legends, my brother got me this card for Xmas and it's just too much card. So I want to sell it and buy a 660 and have some money left over. Win-win"

You bet dude. You win and I win.
I can't believe he hasn't looked on eBay and seen that they are 700+. He said he didn't see it on newegg, but it's there. Shhhhhh.

Last edited:
Jeez this guy. Sent me a pic, it's a reference gtx 780 (not ti)
Ti has that printed on the fan hkusibg, right? "Gtx780 ti", if I'm not mistaken.

Lol boooooo
I offered 400 cash.
He declined.
Haha.
So.
Looks like I'm gonna try for the msi gaming 780. Just about convinced myself that woukd be the way to go.
Or save a little bread and get a 280x by msi. About 120 cheaper. Maybe comes with bf4 but I can't verify that. Thoughts?

Me too.
Guy says he'll take 450
What do yall think of that?
75 less than the msi card I like, no games.
I can get the gigabyte with windforce for 500 with the 3 games.
Probably won't go over 400 on this one. Thoughts?

IMHO, cheaper is always better.

Would you actually PLAY the games offered?

and either new/used MSI would cover an RMA I would think so it's a win/win (how are they to know you got it off of CL)

ti would be best overall, but a 780 would still beat the snot out of 2x460 :p

You know that's the thing...I don't even hardly have time to play bf3 now, let alone 3 new games haha.
Yeah I think I will tell him 400, if he takes it, awesome. If he doesn't, is 425 a decent deal on a used 780? Rather pay 400 lol
And yeah msi warranty is serial number based so it doesn't matter where u buy it.

Back
Top Bottom