Budget System for my Bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Alright, i'm pretty much tired of everyone coming in my room to use my pc... i'm thinking of surprising my bro with a computer.. so i guess i'm just asking what you think of this system... he doesnt do too much, myspace, light gaming, like cs source and other hl2 games.. so i guess i'll just list what i'm getting for him

AMD 3000+ w/ TUL ATI Express 200 Mobo (it was a combo)
1 GB Corsair Value Ram
CoolMax 450 Watt Dual 12v Rail http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817159044
120Gb SeaGate Barracuda
NEC DVD Burner
MSI 6800 GS (If i don't sell mine) if i do sell it, then a eVGA 6600GT

Keep in mind, all he does is aim,myspace,music, and some cs.. so i think this would more than qualify for him. i'm open for any suggestions and changes.

the price of that is 386 before taxes, as for the case, i'll worry about that later, just keep everything under 500

ah.. ha, i just got a better idea for his comp... i'll upgrade to am2, give him my mobo and processor now, along with the ram! wow i'm smart.. that'll save me money.. sort of?? and if and when i replace my hdd for a raptor, he can take this drive.. har, sounds good, hand me downs

ya.. i'm supposed to be building one for my dad too, but he really wants a laptop, so i got alot of saving to do, buying my am2 system.... thats gonna pull out alot of money 400 dollar processor... 200 on ram... 200 on mobo... arg, then like 700 for a lap top... thats like 2 months of saving :(

ya, i'm trying to give back to the family now that i got a job, i guess to thank them for everything :D ... i'll figure something out.. on how to get all this -_-... i should be buying my monitor and new psu soon... then after i'll save up for my dads laptop... as for am2.. i have to wait a while to start buying for that...

Yeah, I'm looking foreward to AM2 as well. That's why I'm holding off on upgrades myself. That stuff will be expensive... new mobo, proc, ram... ugh! Totally worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom