Budget PC Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousepad

In Runtime
So I have been building computers for 4 years now and have recently sold my gaming PC. Now I want to build another one, but this time I'm capping myself at $600. So, I just really want something that is ready for Crysis and UT2007. With massive price drops, I figured I could get away with spending a small amount of money, but I'm not totally up-to-date on what components I should purchase. Lay out some ideas for me? Thanks!

well you should wait until the 22nd of this month thats a given simply because thats when intel has its price drops and introduces a couple of new cpu's. If you wait 3 months then you can jump on AMD's new processor architecture which is suppose to be upto 40% faster then current cpu chips but that could always be advertising jargon.

I'm really not too interested in new architecture, just a great budget gaming PC. So, throw out some items that are worthy. Although, I think I will wait till the 22nd to pick out a worthy processor.

cpu: e6320
mobo: asus p5b series or a gigabyte ds3
Ram: 2x1gb good brand
hdd: Seagate barracuda 7200.10 (5 year warranty) Samsung spinpoint (very slightly faster then the seagate but with 3 year warranty)
gfx: 8800gts 320mb
psu: 400W fortron
optical: any
case: coolermaster centurion
cpu fan: arctic freezer 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom