Budget PC Build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt8909

Beta member
First off I wanted to say hello and thank everyone in advance for any help and/or advice.
I ran across this site a couple days ago while researching PC's since it has been nearly six years with the same PC and it is REALLY showing its age and I have already found a lot of Great information here.

Since I am on a limited budget I was hoping to stay under 400$ not including Monitor and am not sure what direction to go.My thoughts are go cheap but upgradeable so I can throw 50$ here or there in the future and get a long life out of this purchase.So I am not sure if I should go with a Motherboard with good onboard video and in a few months upgrade with a good graphics card or just go with a decent but not great video card off the bat and not worry about onboard graphics.

So far I am leaning towards a Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops for my processor but not sure what Motherboard to pair it with.I found this as a Open box item and think it might be the best I have found so far Newegg.com - Open Box: BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard or Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! as a combo deal.

As far as Ram,Hard Drive,Optical Drive I have not got that far.

Again thanks in advance for any help.

I forgot to mention,I am looking for a Machine that will Play every game on the market but not worried about max settings or anything like that.Also I am going to be using it as a Media Center to pair to a HD Televsion.

This is a good deal here:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
It's a solid motherboard.

This is awsome ram:
Newegg.com - OCZ SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Great timings, overclocks well, probably the best you can get for the price.

Get this hdd:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Optical:
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Most of the stuff has free shipping, except for the cpu and mobo. Total comes to $286.96, then you got $20 of MIR, so it's around $266 then. I know it's way below $400 budget, but I figured I'd leave you some room if you want to get a nice video card. The Biostar 790GX I picked has good onboard graphics, so it's up to you.

Thanks for the advice but all the Combo deals seem to have expired.

Also after much research I have learned since 4 years ago when I was up to date with PC technology things have changed a LOT.It seems Intel is winning the CPU battle and AMD might not be the best choice.

So know I am rethinking my CPU choice and am open to any good suggestions.

So I am now thinking this so far for the most bang for the buck CPU wise: Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Motherboard I am not sure about since I was hoping to get something with onboard video and in a few paychecks upgrade to a good card therfore that open box Biostar might not be the best option.

As for Ram I am kinda confused if I should go with DDR 800 or DDR 1600 memory.If it's DDR 800 then that OCZ you suggested would work.

Hard drive wise it seems the higher the Cache the better and the Western Digital you suggested looks perfect.

For a Case and PSU I was thinking:Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Thanks again for the help it is MUCH appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom