Budget Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pezza

Solid State Member
I'm looking for a decent gaming build for not much over $500. I've seen this price based around articles on the net but most of them are dated and so I'd rather not trust them.

I'm thinking of games like COD 4, Unreal Tournament etc. Now I understand i'm not going to get some insane frame rate but from what i've read you can now get decent gear for this price.

I already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard etc, OS, it's just everything that's in the box which I need.

Also how hard are these builds to actually put together. Do you need many tools apart from the standard screw driver etc.

Thanks a lot :)

The 8600 series have a rep of not being that good for gaming. I understand your not looking for fast FPS, but the 1950 would be the better choice (to me) for playing FP games and what-not. But if that fits your budget a little better then go for it... It's not a bad card for the money.

FP games and such are what i would be playing yes. If the sapphire is better for them, then sure ill go for that.
Would this be able to handle Cod4 with AA?

AAx2 Maybe... but I doubt it seriously. Not to many cards can play decently with a good setup and AA on more than x2 (maybe x4) I have a q6600 w/ an 8800GTS and I don't play more than x2 myself... Awesome graphics are nice, but to me smooth gameplay is ideal.

Well i'm used to gaming on a console. That being PS3 Xbox 360. Will i be dissapointed by what the games will look like on the PC?

I'm not sure... I'm not a console gamer... but I would suggest that if you want to be competitive with a console, a good look at your budget would be helpful. You might want to raise it some to make room for better/faster parts. You did want a "budget" build...

Yup, i understand what you're saying. How about if saved up for a 8800gts, would that make a big difference?

That would help... Also looking at a better CPU would be good as well. My suggestion is keep doing your research and asking questions here, then when your ready to buy/build ask around again, and I'm sure you'll get some help at that time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom