Budget Computer - Help Choosing Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameTaken

In Runtime
I am looking into buying a new computer. I have been using an HP computer for 4 years now and it's time to upgrade from the 2.0 GHz Intel P4/512MB RAM.\

I was looking at CyberPowerPC but read their crappy reviews and decided to stay away. So I found Pugetsystems.com. It seems to be nice and cheap. Has anyone ever heard of it? I saw it in response to one of the CyberPowerPC complaints on ResellerRatings.

I am on a budget. Under $1000, but hopefully under $800. The computer will be used for World of Warcraft + average email, internet, word processing, etc. I want AMD because it is cheaper. I am not sure whether I should spend the extra $ on dual core or not. Integrated or a cheap sound card will be fine, but I don't know about video cards. I don't want top of the line, it will only be used for gaming for a couple years then will retire to basic computing. Would an integrated video card be enough? I'm pretty sure the HP uses integrated audio/video and that's been good enough.

The moniter must be 17" flatscreen LCD, pref. widescreen or whatever is cheaper, and I don't care about response time or whatever, again this will not be used for hardcore WoW as you can see we've dealt with a 4 year old PC running it just fine. I don't care about fancy cases or liquid cooling. I want a PC that I can use without being mezmerized by fancy LEDs and cathode tubes.

AMD AM2 3500+
2GB Corsair 5-5-5-12 (get 1GB if too much)
Evga 7600GT KO
Seagate or WD 160GB drive
Fortron 450w PSU
Thermaltake Matrix case
Asus M2N-E

Viewsonic 4ms 17" display or 19" widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom