Budget Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
yet people still bash semperons.... i hate it when people hate them because there amd's call to celerons... who cares? they work, there cheap, and there good for the price :D

well then theres probably something wrong with the 3.0 prescott lol... but if thats the case then sempron all the way..

in the superpi thread someone with a stock 3.0ghz prescott listed 55 seconds for 1M which i already said my grandads sempron scores :p. you're right it could be a dodgy P4 but i think thats quite a coincidence given the p-rating of 3000+. anyway dig around for some prescott scores if you don't believe me and i'll post a validateable screenshot of my grandads pc maybe tomorrow

i just did 1m of superpi in 40 seconds with 38 processes running.. lol

EDIT: no idea why i posted this...

no i beleive ya.. i know my 3.0 intel can't so **** for superpi i ran it before but odn't remeber what i got but i jsut remeber it isn't to great..

yeah, i was just googling scores and the score on the prescott i mentioned does seem skewed. but still i think a 10% performance difference is rather admirable as the sempron "supposedly" stacks up against the celeron and Intel is supposed to be better at number crunching, factor in the price difference and you have a nice cpu!!! i built my grandads pc maybe 2 months ago and from memory the sempron 3000+ cost me $130 australian and probably wasn't even the best price around but he wanted the new pc quick. factor in the currency exchange, cheaper prices in US and price drop over time i'm guessing its less than $100?

i don't know i jsut got a new system i am building for my chick which was a good by got a amd 64 3200+ s754 for $50 it was used but its still a good buy :)

hrmm, i like that first build you showed me... i'm trying to cheap out so i don't really feel like spending anything big... that pentium system seems just fine to me.... he uses microsoft word and internet explorer!!!! and not at the same time either!!!! and my mom plays games from 1993... like golden nugget! that computer would make my dad more than happy... that outdid what i thought 300 dollars would buy me, i probably will upgrade that to a pentium 4 instead.. cuz those celerons are complete crap in my book, thanks for the suggestion schulz

hrmm i love that its lga 775, i'd have something new to play with, see how much i could overclock prescott on stock cooling... probably not too much with value ram... but i'd still like to give it a shot

ya i was looking at cheap builds not to long ago to see how cheap a "new" computer would be and for the price it isn't to bad really. A lot better then what i was thinking it would be also. I can't overclock mine cause of value ram :(. That computer well make him more hten happy and it well be a nice boost in proformance for him for low money:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom