Budget Build Richm499

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
I plan to set myself up with a decent system so that I can run some of the things I'd like to run in my living room. I won't go in to specifics as it would be breaking forum rules, but let's just say that I need around 3.5ghz at a minimum.

So, I found a decent little 500w PSU in my closet with the standard 24pin + 4pin power connectors, and enough molex connectors to do the trick. I have a nice old-school Antec full tower case ready, and I've got plenty of spare hard drives.

I was shopping around for a Motherboard / Memory / CPU combo as CHEAP as possible. I have plenty of experience overclocking, and as long as the board isn't a complete bag of *** I should be able to kick any of the newer Athlon II chips (regor) up to around 3.4 or 3.5 ( or higher ) on decent air cooling.

So any advice?

This is what I have come up with so far on Newegg, please feel free to inform me of any deals I may have missed out on. (I am avoiding Foxconn and ECS due to a gut feeling that I'll hit some sort of FSB wall while overclocking early on)

ASUS M4N68T-M AM3 NVIDIA Geforce 7025/nForce 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model CT25664BA1067 - Retail

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Once again I am looking for something as cheap as possible, this will be used as my HTPC for my living room, and I have no need for a powerful video card, just need something with a decent clock. I asked on another site and they suggested just taking my gaming rig to the living room, but aside from ****ing off my wife, it would create a horrible void in my game room.

Any help is much appreciated~!

EDIT: I'll fix those links as soon as I figure out WTH I did wrong with that link code..... *sigh* I'll play around with it...

EDIT2: Used BBcode instead of HTML, and it seems to have done the trick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom