Budget Build...Ordering Tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
you just need good cooling to get them to 4ghz

Maxing out COD4 shouldn't be difficult for a 8800 GTX. Just don't expect to get like 60+ FPS @1920x1200.

More like 50Fps~?@1680x1050.

and it will avrage about 80-90fps. one of my friends had one he played cod4 maxed out on a 24" monitor and a amd opertron skt 939. so it was quite a beast. me and him used to argue over who had the better card. eventually i wiped the floor with it my 9800gtx getting around 120+ fps in cod4 maxed out.

Well I went with all of the above parts with the exception of the CPU and RAM.

I went with DDR2 1066 RAM (OCZ Platinum) and the E8400....I know the E8400 only has more cache, but I'd rather have this for a while than upgrade after a shorter amount of time...I don't really plan on doing a CPU/Mobo upgrade for another year or so.

Any ideas on when the parts should arrive to Indiana? The payment was accepted around 12PM Pacific and I used the basic 3 day UPS Ground Shipping.

What all did you end up buying? Surely you went over your original $500 budget??? I lost track in the middle, but you added a lot of more expensive parts like the better CPU and stuff like that.

What all did you end up buying? Surely you went over your original $500 budget??? I lost track in the middle, but you added a lot of more expensive parts like the better CPU and stuff like that.

Ended up at $519 shipped ($41 for shipping) and then my 8800GTX I got from a clan-mate for $50 shipped. I was able to save some cash though with a Rosewill Case/PSU combo deal that they had...Highlights of build:

CPU:E8400
GFX:8800GTX
PSU:Rosewill 650W
HDD:Seagate 250GB
RAM:OCZ Platinum 1066 Ram
MOBO: Biostar P43 Board

Sweet. Yeah getting that video card for $50 def. saves $50 over my build. Plus you went with stock HS/F for now. Let me know how things go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom