Budget build in a few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
My friend wants to get a new comp in a few months once he has built up a few hundred... previously i asked you guys for a $500 budget build that could run cs:s pretty well and you hooked me up with a few good links... but my 1 friend had to spend the money on some bills but dont worry, another friend of mine actually bought that build instead so it wasnt a wasted effort...

but in a few months... what should i look for when picking out parts for his $500 build..

Will the q6600 be cheap enough to fit in his budget you think?

p.s. i found an HP computer that had 2gb ram, a q6600, and a 8500 gt for $700 in this magazine... i know a few people who are nervous about building there own computers, but with those specs do you think i should tell them to buy that and then possibly sell the 8500gt and pick up an 8800gt?

Since when did u need a quad core and 8800GT to play counter strike?
the $500 dollar computer should be enough.
if you get the HP computer could play counter strike at 60-80 frames with that videocard, sell the 8500GT for like what 20 bucks and get a 8800GT for 230.

8500GT is worth much more than $20, and is great for hi-def video/media center pc's. Has similar performance to a 6800gs.

Depends what brand 8500gt, the better ones cost around $70. Well you could get a good amount on ebay, or keep it as a backup card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom