budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Bullitt.

Solid State Member
Hey guys, was wondering if someone could put together a build of around 400 with OS and some type of antivirus software. Just looking for a template cus I've been really busy lately and can never decide on which parts to choose. This pc will be for very basic tasks like internet browsing, minimal music and videos but I would like it to be able to perform well. Also, a monitor would be great if it's within my budget but it isn't completely necessary. Thanks a lot!

It's perfectly possible, though you're generally better off going with a pre-built since OEMs tend to get the OS for very cheap, putting down the price of the PC - they also fit monitors more easily into the price.

Pretty much the only situation I'd recommend a pre-built in.

You can get away with a 400W power supply, minimum - see if there is a cheaper version of the one you chose, with a lower wattage.

You could get away with only 2GB of RAM, since you're not using the build for much. You can easily upgrade it later.

Otherwise I can't see much else.

What are you doing for a case? And what about OS?

Ok thanks a lot. As far as case I haven't chosen one but that's not really a concern and I was thinking about just going with windows 7 32 bit for the os if all the hardware is compatible.

Get the Athlon II X2 240 and just overclock it a bit, save yourself the $20-30
Case?
Gigabyte $20 case if you have a CompUSA or Tigerdirect nearby, or some other computer part retailer.
Or I recommend the Rosewill Blackbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom