brother wants to upgrade his video card, which card should he get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryBox

Solid State Member
my brother has an hd 4600 series video card and wants to upgrade to play more recent games at higher settings. his budget is about $70.

heres what his current specs are:

athlon II x4 640
hd 4600 series video card
4 gig ram
and a power supply that is around 500 watts (i dont remember exactly)

so which card do you think he should get? heres one i found:

Newegg.com - XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

but this card has a pci express 2.1 x16 and his mother board only has pci express 2.0 x16 slot (along with 2 pci slots). would the card be compatible with his motherboard?

and another thing i thought of would be to upgrade my video card (5750), and give the 5750 card to him (so doesnt have to spend any money). but my pc runs all current games just fine so im not sure if i want to upgrade. my budget would be around $100.

so what do you guys think?

I personally just got a 5670, It will undoubtedly be an upgrade. I personally disagree with that list. In real world situations there are many errors with it, not to mention it is out of date. Read Toms Hardware's review on the card, It is rated the best card for the $60 price range and offers excellent performance @ 1680x1050 and good performance @ 1920x1200. Besides the move to dx11 it is a much newer faster card.

Yea I believe the 5770 has 720 stream processors, where as the 5670 has 400. The 4600 series if I am correct had 320 stream processors.

Yea I had to research that cause I have an older Nvidia 630a chipset. I also am impressed the 5670 needs no pcie power connector. I don't game like I used to and that is why I went with a lower priced card but I must say I am impressed that I can play modern games such as black ops and bfbc2 at medium to high settings @ 1600x900 and stay in the 40 to 60 fps range!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom