Broken Heatsink Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
Hi,
Today while doing some cleaning i have broke the push pins on the cooler , the Arctic pro 7

Arctic Cooling F7 Pro and XIGMATEK bracket - CPUs - CPU-Components

as you can see it have a mechanism with 4 feet and 4 pins .

After hours of research i have found the pins .Most people who had the same problem say a bolt thru is better and linked this

LGA775 Bolt-Thru-Kit with Screws & Springs

so i am wondering if that would work ? or is that the wrong one for me ? do i have to remove the feet not sure how this would work , can you give me some info please before i order it .

I have a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard if thats any help.

The bolt through kit may work, and would be better, but what do you mean by pins? The 4 pieces that clamp it down to the back retention bracket?

yes the push pins like these ones
Intel Pushpins - Freezer 7 Pro/Alpine 11/Alpine7 · Spare Parts · Arctic Cooling

i could buy those but don't want to go through the same thing again .

btw you said MAY work , whats the chances of it not working?

sorry i never used one and just want to make sure its the right one as i work from home on my pc so the longer i cant use it the longer i have to work on my laptop which slows me down .

Thanks

May work, as in, I have never used just screws/springs, so I can't guarantee that it will work. I don't think it would be too bad to invest in the screw set, just know you have to replace the old backplate with that new one with the screws for it to work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom