Bout to Order my New Build - Got everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvpo.geo

Baseband Member
Ok this is my build that Sora and a few others I believe helped me out with in another thread.

DVD Drive - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 8X DVD-R DL 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM IDE Burner with LightScribe Technology - Retail

Case - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Harddrive - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

MotherBoard - Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Video Card - Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N550 -T2 GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

PSU - Newegg.com - XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB - Retail

RAM - Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Cooler and Heatsink - Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING ALPINE64 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

AMD Processor - Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - OEM

This is gonna be my first time ever building a PC. Do I need to buy thermal paste or whatever? Is it included with any of the items I bought?
IS THIS ALL I NEED to get it up and running?

I plan on putting in the order tonight, just wanna know if I need anything else because when I get all the parts I want this baby up and running my Vista Ultimate :happy:

seagate barracuda harddrive would be better

never heard of that psu brand so wouldn't recommend it maybe someone else has as if the psu fails it can take the entire system out with it.

you need arctic silver 5 paste for the cpu heatsink

AMD is currently cheaper but you would get better performance from a core2duo especially after overclocking

The seagate 7200.10 are more reliable drives.

he does NOT need AS5 for that cooler....the stock will work just fine.

We have already went over this build and he knows that C2D are faster but they are 300% more expensive for about 20% faster after overclocking. Not only is the chip more expensive but the cheapest overclocking mobo is about 15 bucks more as well....and its a crappy board

NOT worth it

yea I am fine with the fact that C2D are faster. I know this, I just like the fact that I'm gonna pay $65 for my processor instead of 180 and be able to overclock it so I runs like a stock C2D. Gaming isn't a big thing with me, just occasional from time to time. I bought my Xbox 360 to game with.

Sora, its gonna come with the paste correct? So I can place my order and :D wait for all the parts to get to my door! ha

Yes there is paste included and Arctic Cooling makes that cooler and they also make the best paste. They usually use pretty good stuff on their HSF's stock.

Yep You got everything you need to order

I love that case. I am helping someone else to build a rig and in my research I came across that Cooler Master. Great value for the price.

I. too only have one red flag and that is your Power Supply. Suprisingly it has really good reviews at NewEgg, but personally I would spend money on a good name brand like Enermax, Fortron, or Seasonic.

Otherwise, really nice set-up there. You obviously did your homework and chose wisely.

Because it has the Thermal Strip or whatever on it. I don't need grease to put on the actual processor right? I'm new to this and just concerned lol, wanna make sure Im doing this right and will be able to overclock very well.

The Thermal compound will come applied on the bottom of the heatsink you are ordering. Just smoosh the heatsink on the top of the chip once it's in place and your all set.

The Thermal compound will come applied on the bottom of the heatsink you are ordering. Just smoosh the heatsink on the top of the chip once it's in place and your all set.
Exactly right, the thermal paste comes applied to the base of the heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom