bottleneck i7 3770k and SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 7770

All 3 CPUs mentioned would play BF3 smooth, but the 7770 wont play it smooth on high settings unless you have a lower resolution monitor. The 3570k is the better of the 2 CPUs.
To give you an idea of performance here is a chart.

bf3_1920_1200.gif

According to this, at 1920x1200 with 4xAA the 7770 is slightly slower than a 465 which is what I currently have. My card is OCed to about 480 speeds and at 1920x1080 I play medium to high settings with 2xAA and High post AA. I average about 40fps with this card and a 2500k. With the 7770 you will probably average a bit less depending on settings and resolution.

This is brilliant! If i get the the 3570k it will save me some money and i would have enough for the GTX 560 TI! :D So the cpu and the gpu together should work well on ultra right?

h sweet :) And 1080p :)

He meant in pixels aka 1920x1200, 1680x1050, etc

Also, all these tests are run with the same gfx card - the nVidia GTX 580 to be precise - and have pretty much identical results:

Benchmark Results: Crysis 2 : AMD Bulldozer Review: FX-8150 Gets Tested

Crysis 2 is nothing but a good benchmarking tool in my opinion, but the results are clear: CPU has not bottlenecked games since the original i7 release nor the Phenom II series....

You could spend a couple hundred less really on a CPU and put that money to a WAY better video card like the GTX 670 or HD 7950 and play any game out there on nearly the highest settings with flawless perf.

He meant in pixels aka 1920x1200, 1680x1050, etc

Also, all these tests are run with the same gfx card - the nVidia GTX 580 to be precise - and have pretty much identical results:

Benchmark Results: Crysis 2 : AMD Bulldozer Review: FX-8150 Gets Tested

Crysis 2 is nothing but a good benchmarking tool in my opinion, but the results are clear: CPU has not bottlenecked games since the original i7 release nor the Phenom II series....

You could spend a couple hundred less really on a CPU and put that money to a WAY better video card like the GTX 670 or HD 7950 and play any game out there on nearly the highest settings with flawless perf.
1080p is 1920x1080.

Crysis 2 is rubbish as a benchmark really. You can't use the DX11 patch because it borks the game and you don't really want to use the vanilla graphics as they are DX9 due to it being a poor console port.
The perfect CPU for specifically games right now would be the i5 2500k. The cycles per clock per core makes buying any AMD CPU worthless.

I agree with PP on the 2500K, I've had one for a while now and it performs great and overclocks great.

1080p is 1920x1080.

Crysis 2 is rubbish as a benchmark really. You can't use the DX11 patch because it borks the game and you don't really want to use the vanilla graphics as they are DX9 due to it being a poor console port.
The perfect CPU for specifically games right now would be the i5 2500k. The cycles per clock per core makes buying any AMD CPU worthless.

This is extremely true as it's obvious they needed to cater to a wider audience...

Well, I mean it's not great but better hardware will run it better, so there's "some" merit to testing.

On topic: Yeah there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to really overclock a CPU right now unless you got some heavy multitasking going on right now...

I have a i7-930, which is the dead LGA 1366 socket, and it runs two GTX 670s in SLI perfectly fine. I personally think I might just can the second GTX 670 cause I really don't need it as I too only run 1080p....

Back
Top Bottom