Boot Problem..Argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjlambert

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I know this has been covered as I've spent time on various sites and forums researching the problem but am still at a bit of a loss as to exactly what the problem is.

My new build (see sig) seems pretty sweet to me, the only problem is that after installing my OS (Win 7) on the SSD after building it I've run into a few problems mostly related to booting. Initially it worked fine but then I ran into some problems with the computer freezing when waking from sleep requiring a reboot. I changed the sleep mode from S3 and eventually just changed sleep to 'Never' and no more problem there. However now I have problems with my SSD being recognized at all. I can generally get it to boot if I power down and turn off the PSU itself. Sometimes I have to actually unplug the SATA cable, re-hook everything up and power off and it boots fine. But if I restart the SSD goes back to being unrecognized. The HDD is consistently recognized, as is the optical, so I'm not sure it's a Mobo problem. I've tried different SATA ports, and the SATA2 ports and same thing. Changed the cable, no different, flashed the BIOS to current and no change either. And the SSD is hooked to it's own rail from the PSU.

I know there have been issues raised before but it's a little disjointed with a few various opinions. Can anyone offer any better advice or summarize things for a computer noob like me? Should I return the SSD and try a new one?

Thanks all.

Is your SSD plugged into the first SATA port, ie. SATA1 or SATA0 (whichever is first in numerical sequence)?

Yep, plugged in to SATA 0. Tried that and then it won't boot. Switched to another and it does. Then it doesn't. Seems to work if restarted close together, but overnight it won't work again and I have to play with it, turning off the power and switching the SATA port until it magically boots. The sequence in BIOS is HDD first and set to the SDD first but still doesn't work consistently.

Because when it works, it works fine I'm starting to think it may be more of a Mobo problem/BIOS. Going to try the SSD in my old computer and see if it's recognized correctly. Failing that I guess I'll return the Mobo? Can't think of what else could be going on.......grr.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom