Bit Confused...What CPU will my MB support ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
See system specs in my sig.

I would like to upgrade my CPU, but I'm not certain how high a CPU speed my MD will handle.

I'm confused about all the different Bus speeds, Memory speeds, FSB speed etc... I lost track of this stuff about (5) years ago (life time in PC business LOL!)

Can someone please set me straight ??

Also, will this CPU work and if so, would it be a worthy upgrade ???

http://www.pricewatch.com/public/SpecSheet.aspx?q=S1293423

MSI Computer Corp. - Product

CPU

• Supports Socket A for AMD® Athlon™/Athlon™ XP/Duron™ Processor
• Supports up to Athlon XP 3000+ processor.

Yes, you CAN upgrade the CPU to that, but why are you wanting to upgrade? You're not going to see any MAJOR differences at all with that, unless you use CPU intensive software.

Yes, you CAN upgrade the CPU to that, but why are you wanting to upgrade?

You're not going to see any MAJOR differences at all with that, unless you use CPU intensive software.

I got a guy "maybe" wanting to buy my XP2200+ CPU for $45. I can buy the XP2600 for $69.

Is it worth the $24 or so bucks to upgrade the CPU then ??

What else can I do to make this system perform better ???

I don't know if I would go as far as ANCIENT, but yes, it is a DATED processor...

I just completed a Socket 754 build for a friend (on a budget of course). It performs all the needed actions with ease, not underpowered at all....

I also have a media rig running an XP2400+ with no issue....

The upgrade is your call... you will likely see little to no difference though. It's your $24.... lol

What do you use your PC for? It's pretty ancient and IMO it's not worth upgrading.

Pretty much Net usage, Media usage. No real gaming or anything.

I just like "tweaking" stuff to get the MAX potential out it.

Besides a major MB upgrade etc... What else can I do to this system to make it perform at it's peak ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom